Just watched a fantastic video from Joanna Penn – this is well worth the time it takes to watch it. As ever, Joanna is very generous with her tips and provides some great insights and ideas. Check it out at http://www.thecreativepenn.com/freedom
Here is my summary of the 11 top tips to make money from your writing:
- Choose a popular genre
- Choose something that will be searched for
- Write a series – hook people in
- Write different length books – novels, novellas
- Sell from multiple stores
- Consider the global market – Mobile, digital, global. We are heading for a huge global population (8 Billion) of mobile-connected people
- Different book formats – consider audiobooks! (Joanna sells eBooks 88%, print books 7%, audiobooks 5% in one year)
- Write across multiple genres – non-fiction, tap into spikes, write some short books
- 9 Write more books
- earn affiliate income – amazonassociates OR booklinker.net OR “bluehostaffiliate” recommend authors and sites that you approve (25% of Joanna’s income!)
- develop a ‘funnel’ – book leading to other products. ie. free book leading to series, leading to course, etc.
+ Use effective marketing: Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
One of main messages throughout – Mix and match income streams – don’t rely on one source for income.
So what do you think? Worth a quick look?