I think all writers will relate to this…
Writer guilt can be nasty.
I suffer from writer guilt and it manifests itself through:
Guilt related to my writing:
- I still don’t have a self published or published book. How can I spend hours on something and have nothing to show for it?
- I should have sent something to a publisher by now even if I don’t feel I am ready for that.
- I should be on more social media sites *weary look at all the social media sites I am currently juggling*
- I shouldn’t be hosting a writing blog because I am not a proper writer (no published book). Writer guilt + Imposter Syndrome.
- I should be challenging myself more.
- I should be writing more.
- I should be doing more research.
- I am writing too much.
Guilt related to all the things that I am not doing whilst writing:
- I should be spending more time with my family…
View original post 295 more words